What will you get when you buy Money Plant online from diyhoodies:
- Money Plant, (Green) Plant
- 5 inch Red Plastic Pot ( Hanging )
- Life-Long expert support for your plant.v
Money Plant (Green) Brief Introduction and Care
Epipremnum aureum is the scientific name of this plant. Scindapsus aureus is an indoor climbing, hanging, or trailing plant. It is a striking plant with fleshy, gold-splashed, green foliage which is typically heart-shaped, but often oval. There are plain green-leaved varieties from which this particular plant was parented. They rarely flower when grown as indoor plants.
|COMMON NAME||FLOWER COLOURS||BLOOM TIME||HEIGHT||DIFFICULTY|
|Devil’s vine, hunter’s robe, money plant, silver vine, devil’s ivy, pothos, ivy arum, money plant, taro vine, Solomon Islands ivy||Greenish-colored spathe||Bloom in early to mid-summer||Up to 20 m||Very easy to grow|
Truly one of the toughest, most popular and easy care houseplants! Golden Pothos sends out trailing stems of green leaves, variegated with white or gold. The variegation is more pronounced when they are grown in bright light, but they do adapt to lower light levels. Place where the vines can fall freely or trail along a shelf for the best effect.
Looks great grown in containers and hanging baskets. A terrific plant for tall plant stands where the trailing foliage will create a cascade of foliage over time.
Planting and care:
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
- Do not overwater suddenly, check the moisture in the soil first. If too dry then apply water gradually.
- Keep the plant in indirect bright light. Gradually move it to more bright location.
- Do not re-pot immediately after receiving it.
Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
Sunlight: Partial sunlight
Soil: Well-drained soil
Temperature: 15 – 30 degrees Celsius.
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer.
Caring for Money Plant
- Keep the plant indoor with bright indirect light.
- Protect the Money plant from direct sunlight as it can cause damage to the foliage.
- The soil should be well drained and fertile for growing Money plant.
- Water the plant when the topsoil (2-3 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not ever overwater the plant.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- During the main growing season (April – August) feed the Money plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Typical uses of Money Plant
Special features: Excellent air purifier plant according to NASA
Ornamental use: It makes an excellent container or house plant.
It can also be grown in hanging baskets.
Don’t you think after learning how easy it is to care for this amazing plant, Its time to buy money plant online from diyhoodies!